Reasons WHY We Are Doing a Milwaukee Bucket List This Summer!
1) Sanity: The boys will be home and we need to add something to our weekly schedules that is not sports related!
2) Revenge: Truth. There were a few people in Minnesota that said with genuine empathy “I am so sorry” and “Well I am sure you will make the best of it” when I announced that we were moving to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. MY HOMETOWN! Ouch! I want to show the world all of the great reasons WHY we moved here!
3) Connections: I want to grow a local audience. I want to meet local people!
4) Belonging: My kids have spent their entire lives in Minneapolis. And we love it there. However my goal is for them to feel like they belong here in Wisconsin too! I want them to get to know their surroundings - parks, activities, events, etc. I want them to see their great-great-grandparent’s graves. I want them to help keep our home ( local areas) clean by picking up trash one day. I want to track down their great-great grandfather’s tavern.
5) Efficiency: I love being an artist and taking highly creative photos with props and models - but there just isn’t a lot of time for that in the summer with my two boys home. Having a project that I can do with them - and without a lot of set-up is a perfect way for me to stay connected to my camera but still have fun with my little guys while they’re home!
6) Energy Explosion: Since my foot surgery earlier this winter I have had very limited mobility and very limited adventures. I cannot wait to get out and have some fun!!! I’ve been dreaming about it all winter!
Thank you so much for coming along with my family this summer!