Hello! The Art Shanty Projects are back up and running for the month of February!
They are about 30 minutes from the Twin Cities on White Bear Lake and open every weekend.
I am honored to be on their staff again this year as the photographer!
I went out to visit today with my girlfriend Stacy! We had a great time! So much positive energy and creativity there. I just love it!
Anyways, last year I wrote the following tips on visiting! Hope you find them helpful!
If you want to visit here's what you need to know:
• It is about 30-40 minutes from Mpls
• To get there, use google maps with "White Bear Lake County Park 55110"
• It will take you to a park with a large lot where you can leave your car
• The shanties are on a frozen lake - but only about a block or two from shore.
• There is a very well plowed path leading out to the shanties. It was icy there today but easy to walk.
• There are no bathrooms on the ice, but several back on shore.
• There will be a food truck or you are welcome to bring your own snacks, food, beverages.
• White Bear Lake is a super cute town with a lot of restaurants and shops.
• If you have kids, a rugged jog stroller could work, but a sled would be great too!
• Dress like you are going sledding: ski gloves, snow boots, hats, etc. There can be a little more wind on the ice than on shore.
• Non-service dogs are discouraged.
• Each shanty has artists inside and a different theme. They invite you into their shanty to interact. There's even a dance shanty!
• There are several ongoing performances like magic shows and parades - see their site for details
• Truly fun for all ages
• Open 10-4 every Sat & Sun in Feb
• Minnstameets is having an Instameet there at 9:30am on Saturday, Feb 11th. Meet the artists, view the area before the general public. Open to anyone in Minnesota with an Instagram account
Hope to see you there!